Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program

The IRS offers a service to allow taxpayers to get their individual and state tax returns prepared for free. There are a few limitations such as income and types of schedules used on each return, however, it is great for those who qualify. I currently volunteer for the IRS in Boulder at the Front Range Community College Boulder Campus Site. On the right hand side of my blog there is a link called VITA and it will take you to the respective IRS web page that offers site locations, information on the VITA program, and more specifically what taxpayer's need to bring to get their returns completed.

I have been volunteering since the first week of February and will continue through until April 10th. I love working with taxpayers and assisting them with their returns, questions, and of course letting them know what their refund will be. Feel free to drop by, our hours of operation are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Saturday with the exception of March 20th and March 27th.

1 comment:

  1. I had my taxes done by Mr. Mike Wallen through the VITA Program and I was very impressed! He was quick and efficient and I received my refund via direct deposit in under 10 days! I have recommended this service to several friends and will continue to get my taxes filed this way for as long as I meet the requirements!

    Thanks, Mike!

    ReplyDelete