The article below explains how to choose your tax preparer wisely. Based on the most recent news the tax preparers have won a small battle but have not won the war. Tax preparers require no more than a PTIN to prepare returns. Be selective. I strongly believe the same goes for choosing a representative. Follow the suggestions below:
- Are the professionals working your case experienced?
- Are the professionals working your case Enrolled Agents?
- Will you be working directly with the professional you have hired?
Is the professional you are working with substantiated by an
independent third party such as the NAEA (National Association of
Enrolled Agents) or the NATP (National Association of Tax
- Is the company “guaranteeing” savings?
- Are the owners of the company willing to talk to you?
What makes us different? Why should you choose Highland Tax Group, Inc.?
- Mike Wallen is an Enrolled Agent
- Enrolled Agents are the only federally-licensed tax practitioners who specialize in taxation and also have unlimited rights to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service
- Mike Wallen is the owner of HTG and will be working with you directly to resolve your case
- HTG will accommodate you as far as our fees are concerned
HTG will give you an honest and fair assessment thus outlining your
options so YOU may choose the path to resolving your case.